Planning a custom-made sauna – Turn the dream of your own sauna into reality
Modern design sauna or classic solid wood sauna? Plan your custom-made sauna to fit precisely
Due to hectic everyday life, the relationship between body and mind is often forgotten about. A visit to the sauna slows down life and restores harmony between body and soul. Sauna goers therefore quickly recharge their batteries and can motivated and happily set about taking on new tasks.
In order to enjoy the sessions in your own future sauna to the full, extensive sauna planning is required.
Relax on cloud 9 in your custom-made sopra sauna
With sopra saunas, wellness dreams become reality. They will meet any demands when it comes to luxury. Their elegant exterior combines with the perfectly-designed interior to produce a well-thought-out and attractive whole.
Almost any layout is possible – sloping walls or ceilings are also not a problem: Custom-made saunas blend in perfectly with their surroundings. Areas under sloping ceilings or in corners do not need to be left unused.
What generally needs to be considered in the planning of a sauna?
Regardless of whether in the basement, in the living area, in the bathroom, in the loft conversion, in the garden or in the recreation area: A sauna is either planned to be integrated into a room or to be free-standing indoors or outdoors.
It is planned and made to measure specifically for each customer – in any size. A sauna for four to five people should for example be at least 2 × 2.20 m and two metres high.
In addition, the following requirements generally need to be met before the actual sauna construction:
- Connections should be available for electricity and water. For electricity, a high voltage connection of approx. 400 volts for a heat output of 6-8 KW is recommended.
- The ground on which the sauna will be positioned also has to satisfy certain conditions: It has to be smooth and in particular waterproof.
- Adequate ventilation of the sauna is also necessary. For this reason a window or a mechanical ventilation system has to be included in the planning of the sauna.
- In addition, there should always be access to fresh air in the immediate vicinity of the sauna – whether a window or a nearby terrace.
As an option, a shower, bath or a rest area close to the sauna can also be considered.
Intensive sauna planning – Perfect realisation of individual sauna dreams
When planning a sauna, a fundamental decision has to be made: Do you want an element sauna or a solid wood sauna? These two types form the basis for all saunas custom-made to the specifications of the respective customer.
- sopra element saunas consist of individual isolated elements and are screwed in sandwich design with special dried 16 mm thick panels and an interior heat insulation with vapour barrier onto a frame to form an attractive whole.
- sopra solid wood saunas consist of 58 mm thick block planks made out of polar spruce or fir wood which are placed on top of each other. They are held together by clamping devices. However, they do not need to be retightened.
Layout of the sauna – Designing the sauna interior
The harmonious interior of a sopra sauna is characterised by rounded edges and new, reinforced benches made out of splinter-free obeche wood. Depending on the size, up to three rows of benches can be installed, three-part backrests and bench infill panels guarantee an exclusive look. The movable benches also make it easier to clean the floor – an important factor when it comes to the maintenance of the sauna.
Every sopra sauna can be customised and therefore adapted to the customer’s needs.
The sauna interior can be designed according to your personal preferences: Modern LED colour light systems provide for example a special feel-good atmosphere. The sauna can also be converted into a bio sauna – here the sauna heater only has to be replaced by a climate heater. Selected sauna accessories also give the sauna a personal touch.
Exterior panelling to the ceiling is possible.
Get some more sauna design ideas here to stimulate your individual sauna planning.
Planning a custom-made sauna – We would be happy to advise you
From the planning of the sauna to the finished sauna in your home or garden, our sopra partners will be pleased to provide you with advice – regardless of the sauna type desired. Our partners also make saunas for commercial use.
In order to raise the recreational factor of your wellness area, they also offer the planning and construction of swimming pools and whirlpools.
Ask the sopra partner near you directly, without commitment.
We are at your service
Whether you are happy with the quality of our services or would like to know more about our performance or services please contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.